Sunday, November 27, 2016

Shortlisted for 2016 Voiceless Media Prize


I'm really thrilled to have been shortlisted for a Voiceless Media prize for my article, Are duck hunting seasons set to resume in New South Wales?

This piece was published in The Scavenger earlier this year, and I had some fantastic interviewees, including David Shoebridge, Greens Member of the NSW Parliament. David actually inspired the article - I met him at the Voiceless Media Prize annual awards ceremony last December and we struck up a conversation, and ended up discussing duck hunting in NSW. I wasn't aware that duck hunting was still being carried out lawfully (under the Game Bird Management Program), and that deregulation of duck hunting had left ducks in NSW vulnerable. 

This is the second time that I have been shortlisted for a Voiceless Media Prize. I was also shortlisted back in 2011 for three articles written for The Scavenger. An article written for the Weekend Australian won in my category that year, and ABC's Four Corners' expose of the live export trade won in the Broadcast category.

I'm looking forward to the awards ceremony in March 2017! 

No comments:

Post a Comment