Saturday, March 4, 2017

Digital Journalism Runner-up: Voiceless Media Award



I was thrilled to receive the runner-up Voiceless Media Award for Digital Journalism on Thursday night at an awards ceremony in Woolloomooloo, Sydney. This was for my article, Are duck hunting seasons set to resume in New South Wales?

The winner in my category was journalist Elle Hunt writing for The Guardian. The other four competitors in the Digital Journalism category hailed from the Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News Online, InDaily, and a second one from The Guardian. 

Of my article, the judges said "this was a very well-written report looking at the serious welfare concerns and politics of duck shooting in New South Wales and Victoria. She provided a great understanding of the political climate surrounding this complicated issue."

I am very grateful to Voiceless for presenting me with this award; it has truly made my year! 

The panel of judges for the Media Awards were:

Professor J. M. Coetzee, winner of the 2003 Nobel Prize for Literature and Voiceless Patron;
Will Potter, award winning investigative journalist and Senior TED Fellow;
Brian Sherman AM, co-founder and Managing Director of Voiceless;
Ondine Sherman, co-founder and Managing Director of Voiceless; and
Elise Burgess, Head of Communications at Voiceless and former journalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment